We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with, and affected by HIV.
We need dynamic, highly skilled and passionate persons to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the capacity below:
Job Title: Senior Electronic Medical Records Officer
- The incumbent will support the deployment and implementation of database systems and new database design decisions and initiatives.
- S/he will maintain a database in conjunction with the SI and program staff to match strategic program or implementation changes.
- S/he will maintain and innovate a system database that improves the organization’s ability to inform program implementation, analyze data, and present impact to key stakeholders.
- S/he will ensure all relevant program staff are able to utilize the database to analyze program information and results.
- Will provide training in the use of data management and analysis tools, including advising the program teams, SI unit and management team on how the database systems need to be maintained and managed to ensure maximum use and flexibility.
- The jobholder will review data being collected to locate and fix problems with data entry or integrity.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the design, adaptation, and maintenance of CIHP’s EMR databases and harmonized national databases in conjunction with the M and E, and program staff to address program reporting needs and implementation monitoring
- Provide support to all program staff at state and central offices to utilize EMR for program implementation monitoring and program results dissemination
- Coordinate and facilitate training on the use of data management and analysis tools, including visualization dashboards, mobile applications, and MS Office products to team members
- Coordinate and review data collected and reported to locate and fix problems with data entry errors, integrity and concurrence
- Provide oversight for the deployment, implementation and use of updated or new databases
- Provides oversight for all EMR activities at all CIHP supported locations
- Troubleshoots EMR challenges, and institutes follow up mechanisms for best resolutions for implementation
- Oversee the deployment and implementation of the commodity management module on the EMR across all supported sites
- Support the enhancement of the mobile applications and improve utilization across supported entities.
Qualifications & Experience
- Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Medicine, Information Technology or related fields
- A Masters in Computer Science, Health Informatics, Information Technology, Management or related field will be an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years experience Local or International NGOs; preferably in HIV Care and treatment
- Experience with use, deployment and EMR systems management
- Knowledge of Java, C#, or other programming languages is a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot and run database queries
- Ability to work under pressure cooperatively as a member of a bigger data-driven team
- Ability to analyze and interpret a large amount of information
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good and functional Managerial skills.
Application Closing Date
17th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME. e.g. “COM01 Abuja, AMAKA JOHN”.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.