At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our distributed team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Field Service Engineer – Gas Turbines Mechanical
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
Organization: Gas and Power
Business Unit: Industrial Applications
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
A Snapshot of Your Day:
- This position serves as a company technical and administrative representative, resident engineer and deals with customer service assignment. On-site preventive and scheduled maintenance service work, call-out services and new unit commissioning activities on gas turbines product lines and packages.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Monitor maintenance services or installation support to ensure they are carried out within company policy, manufacturers’ recommendations and in a safe manner
- Ensure major interventions are planned, completed schedule and within commercial orders.
- Environmental, Health and Safety: Understands and aligns with company and customer safety policies and procedures. Ensure the work permit system is aligned with. Ensure safe site and practices. Participate by attending general safety and toolbox safety meetings. Suggest safety improvements.
- Quality: Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded. Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with company policy, manufacturer’s recommendations and good practices.
- Analyzing: Must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the categories of maintenance on the products and various equipment associated with primary package.
- Project Monitoring: Must be able to recognize abnormal sounds vibrations and potential safety problems at inception and take appropriate action to prevent a serious safety hazard that could develop to equipment damage or loss of production. Provide timely and daily reports to the relevant manager on ongoing projects or daily work. Stay on top of pending work and personnel required to complete the projects. Ensure that necessary parts are available and submit materials requisitions when required.
- Reporting: Accurate feedback and communication to pre-planned report format. Keep and update all equipment histories to effectively forecast equipment utilization and efficiency. Co-ordinate any changes necessary to ensure operations are efficient and minimal downtime is required. Ensure effective communication and reporting to immediate supervision and if applicable to customer representatives.
- Problems: Will apply sound judgment when analyzing problems. Solve problems with little or no supervision in a timely manner and at a nominal cost. Master all procedures and available options of identifying sources of information and technical advice. Will have sufficient product knowledge to repair, removal and installation of gas turbine engines including components/systems and will be capable of reading/interpretation applicable drawings and technical manuals.
- Scheduling: Provide short to medium term scheduling of personnel and materials required for smooth routine maintenance and commissioning of plant.
- Timing: Adequate strategy of engaging operations in releasing equipment in a timely manner for maintenance. Will be, required to assist in a technical manner with the operations and maintenance crew in any area if the workload exceeds the number of personnel available.
What You Bring
- Will possess a technical qualification in Engineering Degrees; preferably in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering.
- Must have verifiable above 8-years of working experience on gas turbine and advanced controls systems in a related industry.
- Computer literacy on MS Windows Suite, software applications and basic electronic hardware handling
- Will have served on recognized gas turbine product lines and/or having long period of continuous occupation as gas turbines controls engineer.
- Experience in an onshore/offshore environment is required.
- Deep knowledge of rotating equipment packages background will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with Gas Turbine engine theory, packages systems theory and operational will be an asset.
Rewards / Benefits
- Working with Distributed Team
- Opportunities to work on and lead variety of innovative projects
- Supportive Culture
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online