Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Manager – Microsoft Garage
Job number: 1200282
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
- The Microsoft Garage puts Microsoft’s cultural priorities into action. We run the world’s largest corporate hackathon at global Microsoft locations and hack 52 weeks a year all around the world.
- We are leading the charge to cultivate a culture that is committed to ideation, experimentation, and innovation.
- We have 12 Garage facilities around the world where we offer a variety of programming that helps our employees learn, collaborate, and work hands-on with the world’s most interesting technologies.
- We also offer digital and on-demand experiences to Microsoft employees, customers, and partners around the world.
- The Microsoft Garage works with our employees to hack for growth. We love to experiment, work on small scale projects, and bring people together to solve problems for our customers.
- Run the day-to-day, week-to-week operation of the Microsoft Garage including developing, curating, and delivering engagement and experiences to our employees, customers, and ecosystem partners.
- Lead the planning and execution of our One Week Hackathon and our other hackathons throughout the year.
- Develop, curate, and deliver engagements and experiences tailored to the needs and interests of our employees and leadership in Africa.
- Collaborate with your world-wide Garage colleagues to produce and curate content and experiences to offer at your local site as well as to be shared across multiple global Garage sites.
- It is critical that our candidate understands and models growth-mindset behavior. Our candidate must have a passion for technology, progress, and learning.
- In The Garage, we require intellectual curiosity that propels us and motivates us to understand the contemporary technologies and scientific advancements that are shaping our industry.
- Our candidate should have a passion for community building and exploring new technologies and enabling others within our communities to explore, experience, and make things in a hands-on manner.
- Our candidate must be an exceptional collaborator, specifically with a high level of willingness to build on the work of others and to enable others to build on their work.
- Our candidate must have the maturity to recognize that the value of collaboration and leveraging the work of others is equal to the value of inventing something new.
- Our candidate must be comfortable at the front of the room on some occasions, with a magnanimous enough personality to command the attention of influential people inside and outside of Microsoft. But at the same time, our candidate must be comfortable in the back of the room allowing others to build a platform for community, experimentation, and evangelism.
- This individual will need to have a strong sense for business development and partnerships. Whether it is a partnership with an internal Microsoft engineering team, multiple engineering teams, or external entities from the local ecosystem — our candidate has to deliver on our principal of building the ‘coalition of the willing’ on projects and programs.
- A technical Degree or related career experience in the technology industry and with software development background.
- Proven experience working with and building community in a technical context.
- Experience working as a developer evangelist.
- A passion for and experience with making and the maker movement.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online