Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health programs, education, research, and livelihoods initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
In anticipation of a potential award from USAID on the Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) with focus on the BAY (Borno, Adamawa, Yobe) states, the position below is open for consideration to all qualified candidates:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – Prevention, Care & Treatment
Locations: Adamawa, Borno and Yobe
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Slots: 3 Openings
- Will provide technical leadership and support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS strategies and approaches in implementation of the programs.
- S/He will work with relevant stakeholders to coordinate the design and implementation of facility and community-based programs in relation to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including the use of Anti-retroviral treatment, TB/HIV services integration, screening of cancer of the cervix, PMTCT, Prep, care and support.
- S/he should be able to work with relevant staff and partners to coordinate the design and implementation of community-based programs in relation to community HTS and PMTCT including optimizing HIV case finding and linkage to care at supported health facilities, liaise with partners implementing community programs in order to optimize community-facility linkage of clients identified to be HIV positive and retention to care and treatment, support the provision of Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and ART in line with National and Global best practices and guideline.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MB.BS / MD or similar Degree with 4 to 5 years of progressive relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of HTS, PMTCT, anti-retroviral therapy (ART), TB HIV collaboration, care and support in resource constrained settings
- Demonstrated ability to use evidence to design and implement targeted interventions with highest degree of efficiency and impact.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is an advantage
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 11th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a Suitability Statement (application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-PCTJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.