|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor
Reference ID: R2573
Employment Type: Full Time
- The objective of the M&E Specialist position is to provide technical leadership at the state level.
- The position of state-based M&E Specialist will oversee all M&E activities for the program within the designated state and strengthening the facility records and data collection officers, ensuring quality and timeliness of data collection and reporting.
- S/he will provide technical oversight and guidance to strengthen state-level M&E systems, ensuring proper orientation, mentoring and quality supervision to state M&E staff and M&E units in the State Ministry of Health, Hospital Management Board and State Malaria Elimination Program.
- Spearhead the roll-out of the Global Fund Malaria M&E plan in line with Global Fund and national reporting requirements
- Member of the State Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State GF Malaria project plan in collaboration with the country M&E lead and State M&E specialist
- Take lead in the implementation of GF Malaria state M&E plan and reporting formats for GF indicators and targets in collaboration with the State Team, Country technical lead and team
- Establish a system for the flow of information from service-delivery points to the GF central database and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Take lead in building the capacity of LGA and State M&E officers at SMoH, HMB, SMEP, health units’ M&E staff, and relevant health and community workers in the collection, summarization, analysis, and presentation of M&E data.
- Manage the roll-out of the project M&E data quality assurance system including quarterly data quality audits.
- Coordinate regular data quality assessments, undertaken in a participatory manner, with facility staff and ensure the completeness, consistency, and validity of routine data.
- Ensure that the quality of program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation in the sites is of international standard and quality by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the design and implementation of the program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation components of the activities in the communities served.
- Build capacity of local partners including LGA and State M&E officers at SMoH, HMB, SMEP, and others in project monitoring and with program staff and local partners, used program/project monitoring data to modify existing programs and design new programs.
- Provide technical support in evaluation research (including sampling strategies, analysis and presentation of data) to the local research groups working on the Secure the Future project.
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations, and design teams.
- Assist the Senior M&E Manager to coordinate the establishment/strengthening of one state M&E system that informs policy and practice.
- Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at the state
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
- Work with GF Malaria management to document and publish best practices.
- Perform any other task to be assigned by your Supervisor.
- Post Graduate Degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or a related field with focus on Monitoring & Evaluation and/or Biostatistics
- Minimum of 3 years hand-on monitoring & evaluation experience with international donor/NGO
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 3 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in Malaria programs in Nigeria would be preferred
- Familiarity with Global Fund reporting systems highly desirable,
- Good analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications(DHIS2, Microsoft Excel, SPSS, Tableau and Microsoft Power BI for data analysis, modeling, shaping and visualization)
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Excellent organizational skills
- Supervision: Works independently and reports to the Senior Technical Manager, M&E
- Decision Making: Working within project strategy and policy guidelines, makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them
- Responsibility over data or information: Has access to information within project, and is responsible for program data generation and management
- Responsibility over assets: Overall responsibility assigned assets in the program.
- Ability to work independently.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
- MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status.
- In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.