Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health programs, education, research, and livelihoods initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
In anticipation of a potential award from USAID on the Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) with focus on the BAY (Borno, Adamawa, Yobe) states, the position below is open for consideration to all qualified candidates:
Job Title: Technical Officer – PMTCT, PrEP & CA CX
Locations: Adamawa, Borno
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and support activities with primary focus on clinical management of HIV/AIDS, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV/AIDS, Reproductive Health/Family Planning (RH/FP), TB and integrated medical services at the state level.
- S/He will coordinate the effective implementation of Cervical Cancer Prevention Program in the State, increase the awareness of CA CX to high-risk individuals in the Facility and community. Provide strategic direction, technical oversight, and ensure appropriate support for the development and implementation of program activities in Cervical Cancer prevention.
- S/He will support the planning, coordination and supervision of cervical cancer screening activities in ACE-supported facilities; support training facilitation of health care providers on cervical cancer prevention program and PrEP and build the capacity of the health facility staff and service providers in documentation, data collection and analysis.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar Degree with 3 to 4 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) including TB in resource constrained settings.
- Demonstrated skills in screening of cancer of the cervix and HPV
- Knowledge and skills on the implementation and roll-out of PrEP among general population
- Demonstrated ability to use evidence to design and implement targeted interventions with highest degree of efficiency and impact
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is an advantage
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 11th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-PCTJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.