African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice-President – Technology and Corporate Services (TCVP)
Position Number: 50092323
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position Grade: EL3
- The Vice-Presidency, Technology and Corporate Services (TCVP) is responsible for the design, development and delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services and information-technology solutions to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex provides leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies, policies, controls and approaches on organizational information technology systems, software applications, cyber security, IT support and infrastructure systems.
- The Complex is also responsible for management of the Bank’s real estate assets, institutional procurement, language services and business continuity.
- The Vice-President, Technology and Corporate Services, reports to, and supports the President in ensuring the delivery of efficient, client-oriented technology and corporate services and solutions for the overall effectiveness of the institution.
- The role is responsible for leading the effort to digitalize and transform the Bank into an IT-enabled workforce, as well as the efficient and optimal running of the corporate service entities housed within the Complex.
- Provide leadership in the formulation and implementation of the Bank’s IT strategy, cyber security, general services and corporate procurement, real estate management, business continuity plan, and language services; also overseeing the full documentation and publication of related policies, strategies, guidelines and procedures.
- Build cutting-edge information technology and communication systems to enhance staff productivity, streamline and digitalize all procedures and systems as a foundation for cooperation, collaboration, and team work to deliver as “One Bank”.
- Drive cost efficiencies and value for money in the use of all corporate resources, and ensure transparency, fairness and equity in the application and administration of all corporate service policies, rules and regulations.
- Work with relevant units (who are mandated with the implementation and enforcement of results-based accountability systems across the Bank), by supporting the development and maintenance of IT solutions for such systems.
- Lead the formulation, implementation and monitoring of policies and programs related to the procurement of assets (movable and immovable), services and works, and the maintenance of the Bank’s fixed assets and equipment, including up to date asset registers.
- Support the optimal deployment of Bank resources and facilities to facilitate the development of regional business delivery units that underpin the regional footprint of the Bank, in line with its cost and business development trajectories.
- Develop processes to guarantee the Bank’s readiness to address contingencies that could disrupt its operations; consolidate and update the Business Continuity Plan.
- Ensure the provision of top-level language services (translation, interpretation, and editing) in the Bank.
- Provide the first line of defense in the management of risks arising in the areas of responsibility.
Principal Accountabilities of the Function
- Lead the development and execution of the Complex work program and budget, for each of the component units (Language Services, General Services and Institutional Procurement, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Consultant Management and the Business Continuity Plan). Evaluate the performance of direct reports (Directors and Heads of Units) in terms of successful delivery of the work program and budget.
- Oversee the incorporation of the “One Bank” vision and approach in the provision of technology and corporate services in the institution.
- Work with Bank Group’s Board Committee on Administrative Affairs and Human Resource Policy Issues (CAHR) and the Information Systems Steering Committee (ISSC), and ensure the timely production and submission of key strategies, policies and monitoring reports to Board organs and the Board for approval.
- Lead and provide oversight for key organizational committees. Report before the committees on behalf of Senior Management.
- Work with other Vice Presidents and Complexes to ensure effective buy-in for all initiatives piloted by TCVP. Liaise effectively with peer VPs for the successful rollout and sustainability of such initiatives.
- Articulate TCVP-driven corporate strategies and policies through effective written and oral communication.
- Support the President by providing holistic advice as and when required.
Competencies (Skills, Experience and Knowledge required for Sucess)
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Strategic Management, Information Technology, Finance, Law, or related disciplines.
- A minimum of 15 years relevant experience in leading Corporate Services and Institutional Reforms in any large multinational finance institution, or public or private organization, the last ten (10) years of which should have been at a senior management level.
- Excellent knowledge of multilateral and bilateral development finance institution policies, guidelines and procedures, especially with respect to general services, information systems and language services.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex institutional arrangements in a high-performing organization.
- Ability to drive change in a diverse organization; an established reputation for successfully delivering on change management within a large international organization; and the ability to build strategic relations and teams for results.
- Ability to operate in a multicultural context; ability to influence and negotiate for effective outcomes.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated capacity for strategic planning.
- Ability to manage a highly diverse work force, ensure gender balance, and develop a work environment that fosters teamwork and ethical conduct.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively handle multiple stakeholders in English and/or French, with a solid working knowledge of the other.
- Competence with standard Office software and SAP.
- Capacity to effectively use social media platforms (blogs, mini-blogs, vlogs, etc.) to engage with staff and other internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver results.
- Ability to innovate and be creative.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Application Closing Date
7th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.