Dreams Placement Hub – We connect employers with the best candidates for the job.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter
Location: Ajao Estate, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware, and china.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present the menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, regular order pad, or by memorization.
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drinks.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate. This may be when they notice the art on the tables or wall and ask about it. Learn from the information slips ahead of time so you can speak knowledgeably and then refer them to the Gallery itself.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages (when this becomes part of the cafe’s selections, and you are not sure the person is old enough.)
- Meet with the Head Cook to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
- Candidates should possess an OND qualification with 1 – 3 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.