|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Y.O.D.A eLearning Designer / Developer
Location: Flexible Location – Employees may be based at a location where Plan International has a legal entity and the employee has the pre-existing right to live and work
Functional Area: Learning & Development
Reports To: Y.O.D.A Learning and Development Manager
Contract Type: 1 year, Fixed Term
Travel required: No
- Plan International is an independent children’s rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
- We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives.
- We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future.
- We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind.
- We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- Through Programme Y.O.D.A (Your Organisation’s Data and Analytics) we will change our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution; revise our processes and working practices in relation to Finance, Grants, Programmes & Projects and Supply Chain; and develop a new Project Management and Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (PMERL) solution.
- Our new ERP solution will strengthen our business processes, leading to a more data-driven and transparent organisation, which in turn will make us more efficient and sustainable.
- Our PMERL solution will enable us to use data-driven insights to design, deliver and evaluate gender-transformative programmes and influencing, so we can reach 100 million girls.
- Together, they will help us understand the cost and impact of our projects, so we can make more informed decisions as we deliver our global strategy. Y.O.D.A training will enable staff to be able to use the new ERP and PMERL systems and to consistently apply relevant processes and procedures.
- We are taking a virtual approach to the training deployment. Training input is predominantly self-paced, ensuring that learners are confident regarding relevant policies, procedures and processes, in addition to becoming familiar with new Y.O.D.A systems. We then move into a task-based phase, where learners are asked to practise and demonstrate competence in the Y.O.D.A systems training environment, supported by a team of facilitators.
- We wish to recruit an eLearning designer/developer to work on the Y.O.D.A self-paced learning materials.
Dimensions of the Role
- We are looking for a creative eLearning designer/developer, able to create engaging self-paced learning which captures and retains learner interest where the subject matter focuses on processes and systems.
- Part of the role requires the development of standard learning activities, where the approach and format are repeated across various modules. In addition, we are looking for the successful candidate to add value, using his/her expertise and experience to propose new activity types and better ways of working.
- The successful candidate will be an eLearning developer, able to develop system simulations and other interactive online activities using Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline (TBC).
- Online simulations are templated; however, other activities will require the learning developer to liaise with subject matter experts and apply instructional design skills to create engaging activities meeting agreed learning objectives.
- The designer/developer will be able to create visually engaging learning content meeting Plan International branding guidelines.
- All learning materials will be created in English, French and Spanish. (Translated text will be provided by translators.)
- We use Totara as our learning management system (LMS). Most LMS administration is undertaken by our L&D Administrator. The eLearning developer will ensure learning works on the LMS and will load some of the content.
- Liaise with subject matter experts to advise on the creation of interactive learning from SMEs’ source content
- Do the instructional design of modules to create engaging learning, meeting agreed learning objectives
- Develop engaging self-paced learning (including video, Totara, H5P, Captivate/Storyline, simulations, assessments), to be delivered to the learner via Totara
- Apply a template to create Show Me, Try It and Test Me system simulations in Captivate or Storyline (TBC)
- Localise training materials so that all materials are available in English, French and Spanish (individual activities, and courses on the LMS)
- Edit learning materials created by others to ensure accuracy, engagement and consistency (e.g. simple video editing, enhancement of graphics, additional interactivity, sub-titling)
- Share expertise with and support colleagues so that others improve their ability to create engaging online activities
- Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy
- Y.O.D.A Learning & Development Manager, Adviser and Co-ordinator
- Functional subject matter experts and system specialists (Y.O.D.A)
- Y.O.D.A Programme/Project Team
- Other L&D Team members
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of creating engaging interactive eLearning for a learning management system (LMS)
- Expertise and experience in using Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline (or another similar eLearning development tool) to develop engaging online learning
- Instructional design skills (i.e. the ability to design engaging learning, using a variety of media, to meet agreed learning objectives)
- Experience in working with subject matter experts to create relevant and engaging learning
- Ability to edit audio
- Ability to do simple video editing
- Ability to create visually engaging designs within Plan International branding guidelines
- Ability to create and edit graphics for use within self-paced learning
- Strong communication skills, both in written and spoken English communications, with accurate, grammatical written English
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently, with minimal need for others to review
- Organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Working level of competency in MS Office (particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Awareness and experience of working with other cultures
- Awareness of the constraints facing many of the users of Plan International self-paced learning (e.g. poor connectivity) and ideas for addressing these issues
- Ability to apply diversity and inclusion principles within training
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Creativity – with the desire and ability to create interesting and effective learning activity types using the tools available
- Experience of using Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline to develop Show Me / Try It / Test Me system simulations
- Ability to use Powerpoint graphics and animations to create engaging Powerpoint-based videos
- Ability to create engaging animated videos using tools such as Vyond, Videoscribe and Powtoon
- Awareness of the importance of and issues relating to the sustainability of learning materials which may be updated by others
- Html ability
- Ability to read and speak French and Spanish
- Sufficient understanding of written French and Spanish to be able to independently localise materials using the translations provided
- Ability to read additional (non-core) languages (e.g. Portuguese, Arabic)
- Experience of working in the international non-government organisation (NGO) or Not for Profit sector
- Willingness to work flexibly when big deadlines are approaching to ensure that we launch according to plan
Plan International’S Values In Practice
We are Open and Accountable:
- We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent.
- We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We Strive for Lasting Impact:
- We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls.
- We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We Work Well Together:
- We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors.
- We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals.
- We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are Inclusive and Empowering:
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace.
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
- Typical office environment / Working from home (strong internet connection required)
Level of Contact with Children:
- Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction.
Employment terms and salary will be based on local conditions.
Application Closing Date
3rd July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (Ms Word)