Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Systems Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- We are looking for a hard-working and helpful analyst who is experienced with Adaptive Planning and Netsuite, to join our team and assist with the implementation of Adaptive for the annual budget process.
- This person should be familiar with updating Financial Models and the structure of Netsuite, and should enjoy working with the team to identify and resolve problems with the systems or models.
- Be prepared to support the annual budget, but also to support the accounting process and learn associated systems like Coupa.
- You will work with an expert group who will help you achieve the next level in your career by working cross-functionally with accounting, finance and the wider organization.
- Support the annual budget process and associated systems.
- Maintain financial models in Adaptive planning.
- Support accounting and all associated processes.
- Maintain General Ledger, segments and departments in NetSuite.
- Support the billing and collections process between Salesforce and NetSuite.
- Support the procurement function between Coupa and Netsuite.
- Design analytics and reports, build system integrations and develop new processes and tools to deliver accurate, and concrete insights to facilitate decision making.
- Work with Finance and Accounting collaborators to ensure effective consolidation; identify, investigate and resolve all reconciliation issues.
- Support critical Finance processes, including business consolidation, budgeting and planning and corporate reporting. Coordinate the monthly business forecast process and track critical business performance measurements and important metrics.
- Update the financial model as necessary for multiple product lines and business structures.
- Identify, initiate and implement process automation and operational improvement opportunities encompassing the entire finance cycle including core Accounting and Finance processes like P2P, O2C, Expenses, T&E, month-end close, forecasting, and variance analysis.
- Conduct continuous internal audit and review of financial systems and usage to ensure adequate internal control processes and implement checks to enforce compliance and other regulatory requirements. Work closely with the Compliance team to ensure system infrastructure is aligned with the requirements of SOC audits; provide required support during external system audits.
- Maintain and update documentation of all systems covering aspects of system setup, system administration and training manuals. Keep an active log of all projects and prioritization for monthly review with Finance leadership.
- Provide first-line support for Finance/Accounting systems; ensure benchmarks for availability, speed, issue resolution times and other performance measurements are achieved.
Meaningful to have:
- Accounting or Finance Degree
- 3+ years in accounting or finance support experience, including mid-level FP&A roles if Senior
Adaptive Planning Experience:
- NetSuite experience
- Understanding of the annual budget process and most major models (headcount, opex, revenue projections)
- Understanding of month-end close and financial statements (CFS, Balance Sheet and P&L)
- Understanding of Financial systems – architecture, configuration, administration and implementation of relevant business applications
- Self-starter with exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effective business partner with strong communication skills; able to effectively collaborate across departments
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, high-growth, and global environment
- Analytical problem solver; ability to translate technical requirements and needs into concrete business outcomes (tools, reports, dashboards, analyses, etc.)
- Strong financial modelling skills
Nice to have:
- Coupa experience
- Salesforce Billing experience
- NetSuite certification
- Adaptive Planning Certification
- AR automation systems
- Asana experience
- Fully Remote work culture – we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend – buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We’re on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online