|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Off-Field Concepts Limited is a Smart Home Automation, System Integration and ICT. We provide best-in-class solutions in Physical Security and Safety, Electrical Contracting Services, Information and Communication Technology, Extra-Low Voltage (ELV) works, and Automation systems. Our smart home automation systems are the best your money can afford.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GIS and Database Manager
Location: Gashaka, Taraba
Employment Type: Full-time
Objectives of this Role
- Play a leadership role in ensuring timely and accurate data management and reporting;
- Administer and maintain ANI databases for routine data, data quality and service quality assessments;
- Perform backup and recovery of all databases. Manage SMART database users; Take appropriate measures to ensure the security of the data. Update ANI-Nigeria SMART database on a frequent basis;
- Support spatial data collection, cleaning, quality assurance and analyses.
- Routinely update analysis and maps as required;
- Keep track of GPS coordinates of ANI activities and assist the Technical team to map them;
- Assist the Field Managers with their reporting requirements;
- Assist Socio-Economic and Conservation Education teams to make decisions based on geospatial data;
- Work with Vulcan EarthRanger, Landsat imagery and utilize remote sensing to produce specialized pieces of work for a targeted audience and project reports;
- Carry out field activities for ground-truthing of remote sensing analysis;
- Produce maps and other geospatial materials for both internal and external communications;
- Work on special GIS projects as assigned; develop custom data, statistics, reports, presentations and other products in a conservation environment;
- Maintain and Manage ANI Website and ensure that project reports (quarterly reports, annual reports etc.) are uploaded on the website;
- Perform basic IT equipment operations and maintenance;
- Manage a team of five control Room personnel;
- Perform other duties relating to the project assigned by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Geographic Information Systems, Surveying, Urban Planning, Geo-informatics, Geography, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field, and 2-3 years post national youth service relevant experience;
- Relevant Advanced knowledge of specialized software GIS packages: ArcGIS (ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS online), QGIS, ERDAS IMAGINE to inform the development of web maps and multiple data visualization options; including the deployment of field-based mobile data collection devices (i.e. CyberTracker, SMART, ODK, CAPI, Kobo toolbox, etc);
- General knowledge of IT skills, including the use and manipulation of SQL databases and spreadsheets and programming languages (R, Python, etc);
- Basic experience with HTML-JS-CSS;
- Proficiency in at least one statistical analysis package is an added advantage;
- Experience in map production, complex spatial data collection and management;
- The ability to use ESRI ArcGIS and one other GIS software for spatial analysis and map production is a must;
- Preferably at least 2-3 years successful experience, working in a similar position with an NGO (preferred but not essential).
- Detail-oriented: S/he should be able to pay attention to detail and make sure that data analysis is done to a high degree of accuracy that conforms to accepted standards and practices.
- Analytical: The GIS Manager must possess good analytical skills and be able to draw out relevant and actionable insights from data in discussions with colleagues.
- Organization: Keep all of ANI’s geospatial information organized and well documented.
- Communication: S/he must be able to communicate complex issues in ways that are clear and easy to understand to a non-technical audience, both verbally and in writing.
- Teamwork: The GIS and Database Manager must possess good interpersonal skills; s/he must be able to work harmoniously with other team members, build trust and maintain good working relationships with them;
- Problem Solving: The GIS and Database Manager must be able to deal with difficult problems as they arise and find ways to overcome those challenges.
- The Candidate is expected to live in the outpost of the Largest National Park in Nigeria;
- The candidate will be required to work in cycles of 2 months on, 2 weeks off (that is, a 2-week paid leave inclusive of transportation or flight tickets at the end of every 2 months);
- Feeding, transportation and accommodation will be covered.
- N200,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
24th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.