|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Tourism Division
Requisition ID: 705
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organization: African Union Commission – AUC
Reports to: Director of Industry, Mining and Entrepreneurship
Directorate / Department: Industry, Mining and Entrepreneurship
Number of Direct Reports: 1
Number of Indirect Reports: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- Directs and manages the daily operations of the Tourism Division in order tachieve the strategic objectives of the directorate and the AU’s overall goals.
- Designs and implements policies, programs and projects tachieve the directorate’s strategic objectives.
- Manages and supervises employees within the division, ensures the timely delivery of the directorate’s goals and effective staff performance evaluation;
- Designs policies, strategies and programs tcontribute tthe effective implementation of relevant AU Policy Organs Decisions;
- Ensures the delivery of the division’s annual targets in line with the directorate’s overall goals and ensures robust and timely monitoring and reporting;
- Provides technical leadership and ensures efficient functioning of all Units within the Division
- Manages the work of the Division and supervises direct reports tensure their effective performance in line with the organization’s performance management policy and system;
- Engages stakeholders within Members States and Regional Economic Communities (RECs)/Regional Mechanisms(RMs) and relevant international organisations in designing and implementing strategies.
- Maintains thematic partnerships in support of the mandate of the Division;
- Maintains regular working relations with senior stakeholders in Member States and partner institutions in the execution of the Division’s mandate.
- Represents the organisation and communicates its position at conferences.
- Contributes tthe preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitor budget execution at division level.
- Ensures the effective management of funds contributed tthe organization;
- Manages risk within the division and recommends mitigation strategies
- Contributes tthe development of the departmental business continuity plan and ensures implementation at division level
- Maintains a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive tattracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
- Develops and implements an action plan on accelerating tourism development across Africa aligned tthe Tourism Master Plans of Member States and Regional Economic Communities with special focus on:
- Facilitating community benefits from tourism receipts;
- Visa facilitation;
- Infrastructure development;
- Air connectivity;
- Integrated tourism promotion and marketing;
- Training, research and development; (g)harmonization of policies and legislation;
- Mobilization of cooperation from all industry players;
- Harnessing and embracing information and communication technologies;
- Environmental sustainability of tourism development; and,
- Safety and security.
- Collaborates with the Pan African Institute for Statistics on the development of Pan-African tourism statistics;
- Positions the African tourism sector as a contributor of economic diversification on the continent and leveraging it tdrive socio-economic progress, including generation of decent employment opportunities;
- Progressively raises the share of tourism in Intra-African trade in line with it being one of the priority sectors of trade in services in the African Continental Free Trade Area;
- Collaborates with Member States and Regional Economic Communities in marketing Africa as a tourist destination of choice focused on increasing the volumes of tourist arrivals and revenues;
- Promotes strategic collaboration on tourism development and marketing with the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), UNWTCommission for Africa, African
- regional tourism organizations as well as national tourism development and marketing agencies.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Tourism Development, Economics, Business Administration or related fields, with Twelve (12) years of relevant progressive work experience of which seven (7) years must have been at the managerial level and five (5) years at supervisory level.
- Experience in policy formulation will be an advantage.
- Leadership and management skills
- Communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability twork in teams and in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge in international policies and strategies
- Knowledge and working understanding of AU policies, systems and standards
- Planning and Organization skills.
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages ; fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Strategic Perspective:
- Developing Others:
- Change Management:
- Managing Risk:
- Building relationships:
- Foster Accountability Culture:
- Learning Orientation:
- Communicating with impact:
- Conceptual thinking:
- Job Knowledge and information sharing:
- Drive for result:
- Fosters Innovation:
Tenure Of Appointment:
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of twyears renewable, subject tsatisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged tapply.
- Indicative basic salary of US$ 50,746.00 (P5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online