|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ICLA Officer
Job Identification: 3280
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance
Reports To: ICLA Team Leaders
Supervision of: TBC
Project Number: NGFM 1904, NGFM 2103 & NGFM 2102
Duration and Type of Contract: 3 Months with possibility of extension, depending on grants approval
Role and Responsibilities
- The purpose of the role of ICLA Officer is to provide support to the ICLA Team Leader and contribute to the direct field implementation of ICLA activities in Maiduguri, Jere, Mafa and Konduga Local Government Areas of Borno in line with strategies
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC projects according to plan of action
- Ensure that project targets beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Actively facilitate and maintain Liaison and collaboration with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities to ensure accountability.
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required
- Perform any other professional duties as requested by the ICLA Coordinators, ICLA Team Leaders and ICLA PM.
- Implement the legal assistance programs including HLP , CDR and identity documentation activities innovatively to adapt to location and context, in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements and optimise opportunities for synergies
- Contribute to the planning procedures and tools for implementation of ICLA projects in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Document project achievements and deliverables
- Monitor technical quality of ICLA projects and maintain transparency of implementation progress
- Contribute to an effective M& E system in the country
- Support and integrate gender, protection and advocacy priorities into ICLA programme design
- Contribute to the development of the ICLA strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs for Nigeria
- Contribute to the development of funding proposal, project budgets and donor reports
- Contribute to coordination and management of the ICLA project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirement
- Supervise Project Assistants , ensure transfer of relevant skills for quality program implementation
- Provide technical assistance to the ICLA Project Manager and contribute to the development of a quality ICLA program in line with the Nigerian context.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Law and must have been called to the Nigerian Bar (be able to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria) and be conversant with international humanitarian and Human Rights law or related field
- Technical specific knowledge from humanitarian assistance and volatile context especially legal experience is an advantage
- Experience from working independently in a results-oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience from practice as a lawyer
- Must have a good knowledge of the laws and policies governing HLP issues and Identity documentation
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken – in English and Hausa required.
- Fluency in one or more of the national/regional languages (Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri preferred)
- Must be willing to work as a team member, take direction, and share technical skills with colleagues and counterparts
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required
- Must be able to work under pressure
Context Related Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Borno State, Nigeria
- Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major issue
- Proven skills in report writing
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Handling insecure environments
- Political and cultural awareness.
Application Closing Date
10:27 am: 8th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online