|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
TeamApt is Nigeria’s largest Agency banking operator and is now building the largest digital bank offering financial services products tailored to meet the needs of the underserved mass market – micropayments, savings, lending, insurance, pensions – using technology and low-cost offline distribution models. We believe providing financial access to the over 350 million Africans who are currently financially underserved will economically empower them and put them on a path to becoming the next generation of middle-class Africans.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Relations Lead
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- We’re looking for a communications expert to lead the strategic development and execution of our global public relations strategy and help define what the world thinks of TeamApt. This position is fully remote.
- We want an ambitious PR expert who has experience working in a fast-moving environment and has delivered excellent results managing the day-to-day tasks of a press office and running longer-term campaigns.
- In your role, you will refine and execute the company’s global media relations efforts designed to build/leverage thought leadership and drive our positioning; you’ll manage our agencies, forge relationships with journalists and keep them in the loop with our news.
- One of our core values is candour, and you will be truthful and transparent while telling compelling stories about the company. You’ll define how we message new features and big announcements and find clever opportunities to show the world what we do while helping us quantify the value of PR and measure its impact and success.
You’ll Be Responsible For
- Drive and maintain overall narrative and message framework for cohesive and integrated external communications programming via related channels, including media relations materials, corporate website, social media, etc.
- Initiate, create, and deliver earned media programming/stories that drive awareness and engagement linked to TeamApt’s business and brand strategy
- Proactively pitch stories positioning TeamApt and spokespeople as experts on identified topics and key related growth trends.
- Serve as communications subject matter expert with the ability to direct and manage media engagements proactively and reactively.
- Prepare spokespeople and leaders for media interviews and speaking engagements through media training as appropriate.
- Serve as a key media contact as appropriate, including during crises.
- Drive media relations efforts to support financial performance reporting and investor/analyst events and activities as needed
- Establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with related industry and financial reporters
- Evaluate and prepare briefing documents related to interviews, external conferences and opportunities
- Leverage digital, social, and paid media to complement and enhance earned media efforts as appropriate.
- Manage external PR or external comms agency partners, including tracking budgets, reporting, and delivery of support to meet business goals
You Should Apply If You Have
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, PR, Journalism or any related discipline with at least 8 years of subject matter experience.
- Experience leading corporate communications or a PR agency. Global experience is required.
- Solid ability to build productive relationships and lead the development of communications strategies through interactions with internal and external partners.
- Strong writing & editing skills are a must, with a focus on quality control.
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills
- Experience working in a busy press office or PR within the financial services sector with a strong book of press contacts
- Have an understanding of how you can tell a story using data.
- Understand how to quantify and measure the value of PR, and show the rest of the company why it’s important too.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
What to expect in the hiring process
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A technical interview with the Hiring Manager and a case study
- A behavioral and technical interview with a member of the Executive team
- All interviews stages are Virtual.