One Acre Fund, founded in 2006, supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Mobile Software Engineer
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Employment Type: Full-time
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
About the Role
Our passionate development team manages a range of web and mobile solutions to support our field operations, from registering millions of farmers and their orders, optimizing delivery truckloads and routes, tracking deliveries, collecting mobile payments, and analyzing loan repayments.
Specific challenges that our mobile solutions have to overcome include:
- High usability requirements – targeting users with little computer proficiency
- Offline-first, to provide a good experience with no or limited network connectivity
- Running on cheap hardware
Our mobile technology is React-Native, Sentry, Detox, and our tooling landscape is based on GitHub / JIRA / Slack / Azure DevOps.
- Report to our Mobile team lead
- Work as part of a small, collaborative, and agile team of mobile developers
- Design, develop, document, test, and support our mobile solutions according to our standards
- Ensure smooth progress of your projects
- Participate in your Agile team’s lifecycle
- Contribute to your department’s improvement by sharing knowledge, sharpening your skills, suggesting different ways of working, and developing
- Provide technical mentoring to junior team members.
Career Growth and Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development
- Expert level in one or more mobile frameworks, ideally React-Native for Android, with 3+ years of experience
- A mindset of testing and automation
- Experience working in Agile
- A passion for solving problems and a customer mindset.
- One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits.
- Health insurance and other comprehensive benefits including a professional development stipend
- 6 weeks of leave
- Flexible work from home policy
- Flexible Bring-Your-Own-Device policy with laptop allowance
- Free-lunch Fridays and regular happy hour nights
- A rare opportunity to apply your skills to make an impact in the world by working with a top-ranked non-profit!
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.orgaddress. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.